Are your Tyres Legal?
If you are in any doubt as to whether your tyres are safe and legal, bring your vehicle along to us for a FREE, no obligation tyre health check.
The law relating to tyres is as follows -
- Tyres must be suitable for the purpose of their use;
- be inflated as to be fit for the purpose for use to which vehicle is being put (your manual will have the recommended inflation for your vehicle);
- have no portion of the ply or cord exposed;
- have no lump, bulge or tear caused by separation or partial failure of its structure;
- have no cut in excess of 25 mm or 10 percent of the section width of the tyre, whichever is the greater, measured in any direction on the outside of the tyre and deep enough to reach the ply or cord;
- the grooves of the tread pattern of the tyre have a depth of at least 1.6mm throughout a continuous band comprising the centre three-quarters of the breadth of the tyre and round the entire outer circumference of the tyre.
Failure to comply with any of the above could result in a fine of up to £2500 and 3 penalty points on your licence.
visit our centre or we'll come to you.